We read with interest the study by Deguigne et al. recently published in the journal
and wished to congratulate the authors for their ambitious aims. However, we would like to raise some limitations that may dampen their enthusiastic conclusions.
- Deguigne M.
- Legeay M.
- Scholastique A.S.
- Chauveau P.
- Descatha A.
Whole-bowel irrigation in cases of poisoning: a retrospective multicentre study of feasibility, tolerability, and effectiveness.
Aust Crit Care. 2022; (S1036-7314(22)00039-X)
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Australian Critical Care
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Whole-bowel irrigation in cases of poisoning: a retrospective multicentre study of feasibility, tolerability, and effectiveness.Aust Crit Care. 2022; (S1036-7314(22)00039-X)
- Management of pharmaceutical and recreational drug poisoning.Ann Intensive Care. 2020; 10: 157
- Lithium poisoning in the intensive care unit: predictive factors of severity and indications for extracorporeal toxin removal to improve outcome.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2016; 54: 615-623
- Experts consensus recommendations for the management of calcium channel blocker poisoning in adults.Crit Care Med. 2017; 45: e306-e315
- Position paper update: whole bowel irrigation for gastrointestinal decontamination of overdose patients.Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2015; 53: 5-12
- Body packing--the internal concealment of illicit drugs.N Engl J Med. 2003; 349: 2519-2526
- Heroin body packers.J Emerg Med. 1993; 11: 33-40
Published online: November 12, 2022
Publication stageIn Press Corrected Proof
© 2022 Australian College of Critical Care Nurses Ltd. Published by Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.