Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Workplace bullying in the UK NHS: a questionnaire and interview study on prevalence, impact and barriers to reporting.BMJ Open. 2013; 3e002628
- Consultants as victims of bullying and undermining: a survey of royal college of obstetricians and gynaecologists consultant experiences.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e011462
- ‘It feels like being trapped in an abusive relationship’: bullying prevalence and consequences in the New Zealand senior medical workforce: a cross-sectional study.BMJ Open. 2018; 8e020158
- ANZICS centre for outcome and resource evaluation 2018 report.(Victoria, Australia)2019
- Australia and New Zealand intensive care resources and activity report 2019/20.(Melbourne, Australia)2021
- National Centre Against Bullying.([cited 2020 15 October]. Available from:)
- Prevention of bullying, discrimination and harassment in the workplace.2016
- Our own worst enemies: the nurse bullying epidemic.Nurs Adm Q. 2019; 43: 274-279
Oxford University Press. Lexico.com: Lexico.com; 2020 [cited 2020 15 October].
- Employment New Zealand. Bullying, harassment and discrimination: ministry of business, innovation and employment. 2020 ([cited 2020 15th October ]. Available from:)https://www.employment.govt.nz/resolving-problems/types-of-problems/bullying-harassment-and-discrimination/
Employment Relations Act, (19 August 2000, 2000). Available from: http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/public/2000/0024/112.0/DLM58317.html.
- The experience of discrimination by US and internationally educated nurses in hospital practice in the USA: a qualitative study.J Adv Nurs. 2014; 70: 350-359
- Discrimination, work and health in immigrant populations in Spain.Soc Sci Med. 2009; 68: 1866-1874
- Sexual harassment: what you need to know.2020
- Impact of unacceptable behaviour between healthcare workers on clinical performance and patient outcomes: a systematic review.BMJ Qual Saf. 2022; 31: 679-687https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjqs-2021-013955
- High level of burnout in intensivists: prevalence and associated factors.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2007; 175: 686-692
- Burnout syndrome among critical care healthcare workers.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2007; 13: 482-488
- Workplace violence and job outcomes of newly licensed nurses.Asian Nurs Res. 2016; 10: 271-276
- Workplace bullying: a case for a tailored approach to intervention.2015
- Listening to New Zealand nurses. A survey of intent to leave, job satisfaction, job stress and burnout.Auckland Univeristy of Technology, 2004
- Bullying in the nursing profession.J Adv Nurs. 2003; 43: 395-401
- Systematic review of the prevalence, impact and mitigating strategies for bullying, undermining behaiour and harassment in the surgical workplace.Br J Surg. 2018; 105: 1390-1397
- Culture and health care organisations – so what if we have a problem?.2019
- New Zealand: human rights act 1993. 1993
Australia: Act No. 4 of 1984, Sex Discrimination Act 1984, Stat. C2014C00002 [cited 18 November 2020]. Available from: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/C2014C00002.
Australian Government. Australia's anti-discrimination law 2020 [cited 2020 18 November]. Available from: https://www.ag.gov.au/rights-and-protections/human-rights-and-anti-discrimination/australias-anti-discrimination-law#:-:text=In%20Australia%2C%20it%20is%20unlawful,life%2C%20including%20education%20and%20employment.
- United Nations declaration on the rights of Indigenous peoples: resolution/adopted by the general assembly.([Internet]) UN General Assembly, 2007
- Horizontal violence among nurses: experiences, responses and job performance.(Open access dissertations) Univeristy of Rhode Island, 2014
- Bullying and the nursing profession in Australia: an integrative review of the literature.Collegian. 2018; 25: 613-619
- New Zealand nursing students' experience of bullying/harassment while on clinical placement: a cross-sectional survey.Collegian. 2018; 25: 583-589
- Prevalence of bullying, discrimination and sexual harassment among trainees and Fellows of the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand.Crit Care resusc J Australas Acad Crit Care Med. 2016; 18: 230-234
- Good practice in the conduct and reporting of survey research.Int J Qual Health Care. 2003; 15: 261-266
- Prevalence, causes and mental health impact of workplace bullying in the neonatal intensive care unit environment.BMJ Open. 2018; 8: 1-9
- When niceness becomes toxic, or, how niceness effectively silences nurses and maintains the status quo in nursing.J Adv Nurs. 2022; (In press)https://doi.org/10.1111/jan.15407
- Peer group clinical supervision for community health nurses: perspectives from an interpretive hermeneutic study.J Nurs Manag. 2022; 30: 684-693
- Confronting health worker burnout and well-being.N Engl J Med. 2022; 387: 577-579https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMp2207252