Design, setting, and participants
Main outcome measures
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Neuroprognostication after cardiac arrest in the light of targeted temperature management.Curr Opin Crit Care. 2017; 23: 244-250
- Neurological assessment of coma.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2001; 71: i13-i17
- Timing of neuroprognostication in postcardiac arrest therapeutic hypothermia.Crit Care Med. 2012; 40: 719-724
- Get with the Guidelines-Resuscitation Investigators. Development and validation of the Good Outcome Following Attempted Resuscitation (GO-FAR) score to predict neurologically intact survival after in-hospital cardiopulmonary resuscitation.JAMA Intern Med. 2013; 173: 1872-1878
- Prognostication after cardiac arrest.Crit Care. 2018; 22 (150-018)
- Neurological prognostication of outcome in patients in coma after cardiac arrest.Lancet Neurol. 2016; 15: 597-609
- Part 8: post-cardiac arrest care: 2015 American Heart Association guidelines update for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care.Circulation. 2015; 132: S465-S482
- European resuscitation Council and European Society of intensive care medicine 2015 guidelines for post-resuscitation care.Intensive Care Med. 2015; 41: 2039-2056
- The ANZICS statement on death and organ donation.Edition 4. 2019 ([Camberwell (Australia)])
- Predictors of poor neurological outcome in adult comatose survivors of cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Part 2: patients treated with therapeutic hypothermia.Resuscitation. 2013; 84: 1324-1338
- Predictors of poor neurological outcome in adult comatose survivors of cardiac arrest: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Part 1: patients not treated with therapeutic hypothermia.Resuscitation. 2013; 84: 1310-1323
- Distinct predictive values of current neuroprognostic guidelines in post-cardiac arrest patients.Resuscitation. 2019; 139: 343-350
- Neuroprognostication practices in postcardiac arrest patients: an international survey of critical care providers.Crit Care Med. 2020; 48: e107-e114
- A nationwide overview of 1-year mortality in cardiac arrest patients admitted to intensive care units in The Netherlands between 2010 and 2016.Resuscitation. 2020; 147: 88-94
- Awakening and withdrawal of life-sustaining treatment in cardiac arrest survivors treated with therapeutic hypothermia.Crit Care Med. 2014; 42: 2493-2499
- Conservative oxygen therapy for mechanically ventilated adults with suspected hypoxic ischaemic encephalopathy.Intensive Care Med. 2020; 46: 2411-2422
- Imaging for neuroprognostication after cardiac arrest: systematic review and meta-analysis.Neurocritical Care. 2020; 32: 206-216
- Part 9: post-cardiac arrest care: 2010 American Heart Association guidelines for cardiopulmonary resuscitation and emergency cardiovascular care.Circulation. 2010; 122: S768-S786
- Prognostic value of continuous EEG monitoring during therapeutic hypothermia after cardiac arrest.Crit Care. 2010; 14: 1-8
- Prognostication of post-cardiac arrest coma: early clinical and electroencephalographic predictors of outcome.Intensive Care Med. 2015; 41: 1264-1272
- Estimating the false positive rate of absent somatosensory evoked potentials in cardiac arrest prognostication.Crit Care Med. 2018; 46: e1213-e1221
- Standards for studies of neurological prognostication in comatose survivors of cardiac arrest: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2019; 140: e517-e542
- ERC-ESICM guidelines for prognostication after cardiac arrest: time for an update.Intensive Care Med. 2020;
Eastwood G, Bellomo R, Nichol A, et al. Targeted therapeutic mild hypercapnia after resuscitated cardiac arrest: a phase III multi-centre randomised controlled trial. Trial protocol version 1, dated 20th June 2017.
Nielsen, N. Targeted hypothermia versus targeted normothermia after out-of-hospital cardiac arrest. A randomised clinical trial. Trial protocol version 1, dated 17th May 2017.
- Assessment of coma and impaired consciousness. A practical scale.Lancet. 1974; 2: 81-84